As so many essential oils have antimicrobial properties, I am suggesting here the 10 essential oils that would be most useful in protecting us against a range of microbes. All these are readily available and can multitask- having more than one defensive property.
- Eucalyptus radiata (Eucalyptus radiata)
- Ho wood (Cinnamomum camphora ct. linalool)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Manuka (Leptospermum scoparium)
- May chang (Litsea cubeba)
- Niaouli (Melaleuca quinquenervia)
- Oregano (Origanum vulgare)
- Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii)
- Ravensara (Ravensara aromatica)
- Thyme linalol (Thymus vulgaris ct. linalool)
Other useful additions to the Self-Defense Kit would be clove bud (Syzygium aromaticum), fragonia (Agonis fragrans), and rosalina (Melaleuca ericifolia).